The Summer Village of White Sands is situated on the southeast shore of beautiful Buffalo Lake. Located in the heart of Central Alberta in the Aspen Parkland Region, Buffalo Lake is one of the largest lakes in the Province, spanning 124 km² (55 sq. miles).
Excellent fishing, boating and water skiing, along with a broad natural white sand beach, make White Sands a favourite. The neighbouring countryside is a nature lover's paradise, with rolling hills, several acres of wildlife habitat, and one of the largest migratory paths for birds in North America. Deer, moose, coyote, owls, pelicans, geese, and countless other birds and animal species make this area their home.
Crime Watch Notice:
Hello everyone, with the August long weekend here, I wanted to share some simple crime watch tips that may help protect your property and assets from loss.
Rural crime is an ongoing problem and the RCMP need the public’s help in preventing ‘ Crimes of Opportunity’. Overall crime is on the decline as more people are working from home however you can follow some of these simple tips to prevent being a victim of crime.
- Do not leave keys in your vehicle, atv, golf cart or ride on lawn mowers
- Never leave your wallet, purse or other valuables in your vehicle
- Lock your vehicle, home and sheds when you are away or at the beach
- Use trailer hitch locks on your rv, boat or utility trailers when they are parked
- Fence your property if possible and lock your gate when away
- Get to know your neighbours
- Report all suspicious activity to the RCMP and watch for further Crime Watch updates from your Whitesands Crime Watch group.
Have a great long weekend and let’s work together to make our Village a safe place to be.
Crime Watch President
White Sands has a permanent population of 120 according to the last census, and also has a number of seasonal residents. No camping facilities are available in the Summer Village of White Sands.